Sunday, January 10, 2010

Back up

Well, I'm back up to the 149 range. Le sigh.

I did go back to the gym this week, and it was really nice to be back. I wasn't nearly as weak as I thought I'd be. Here's what I did this week:

Mon: Jogged. I actually jogged 25 minutes without stopping. Amazing! Now, I was only going 4.5 mph, but still, to run that long continuously is a big achievement to me. Add to the fact that I hadn't exercised in 2 weeks previously, and was so sick, it's headed into the miracle catagory. After the jogging, I did some walking and ab work.

Tue: Weights. Ouch. I had to dodge all of the NYRDS (New Year's Resolution Dieters). I was squished up against a wall, had no risers with my step, and had the dregs of the weights. But, Charlene is a fantastic instructor, and she worked us hard.

Thursday: Kick Boxing. I expected more madness at the gym, but I actually had my own bag, which almost never happens. Of course, I usually try to get a partner because then I'm not trying to chase my bag all over the room. I twisted my ankle, which made me feel like a total dork. It's kind of ached ever since.

Friday: Weights. Again, I was dodging NYRDS, but I had better weights, and the instructor, Carin, gave me a couple risers. Ouch Ouch Ouch.

Saturday: I didn't have a lot of time, since I was volunteering in the daycare, but I went out and jogged another 25 minutes. Still at 4.5 mph, but really, it wasn't bad at all. I could've gone longer but 1- I was only supposed to be gone 30 minutes and 2- I left my iPod at home, and it's really hard for me to maintain my motivation without tunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment