Friday, January 1, 2010

Final Weigh In


This ended up being a really tough month for me, but not due to temptations and parties, like I thought it would be.

I ended up sick. Really, seriously sick. Like in and out of the ER sick. I got an abscess in my tonsil that got to the point where it was interfering with my breathing. It completely messed up my Christmas, which was a complete bummer.

For the past couple weeks, "exercise" has been walking from the bed to the kitchen, or the bathroom. Yesterday was the first day I went without a nap in quite a while. I feel seriously weak and wiped out.

Because of this, I lost a great amount of weight. The problem is, I think it's probably muscle weight, and now that my throat is healing up, I think it'll probably come right back on.

I'm seriously considering joining Karilynn's challenge. I'm a little disappointed with how this competition ended. I feel so weak and sick and tired still, and I'd anticipated waking up New Year's Day feeling strong, and firm and skinny. I am lighter than I was when I started, which is good. I bought a new pair of jeans a couple days ago, and I LOOOOVE how they fit, and how I feel in them. Having said that, nothing would make me happier than to pass them to my daughter at the end of the month because I've shrunk out of them.

Thank you all for all of the support. This has been a wonderful experience for me, and I've had a lot of fun.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, being sick sounds like a miserable way to spend Christmas. I am glad you are feeling better. And very excited for you - new jeans and a loss for the competition... congrats - hope to see you on Karilynn's comp. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a healthy new year! Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are feeling better soon Wendy! Congrats on the jeans... isn't it amazing how jeans can make you feel so AWESOME?!?! I would LOVE to have you in the next comp! 2 more days! LET ME KNOW! ;o)
    CONGRATS ON YOUR SUCCESS IN THIS COMP!! Did you really kick Mt. Dew for good?

    ReplyDelete