Monday, June 20, 2011

Another Goal

So, my goals for this contest are twofold. The first, obviously, is weight loss.

The second is to get even more fit than I already am. I've signed up to do the Dirty Dash on September 17, which is a 10k race with obstacles. Why is it called the the "dirty" dash? Well, because the whole think takes place in the mud.

If that isn't daunting enough, I'm running with a team. So, if I'm slow and out of shape, I not only let myself down, but I let a bunch of my friends down. I need to be able to run 10k without struggling at all, and make sure I can do it with lots of hills, as the course is very hilly. The obstacles look fun. I am a little afraid of just how challenging it's going to be, but I think it'll be an absolute blast IF I have prepared myself physically for it.

I think I'll put a ticker on my page to count down to the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment