Monday, June 27, 2011

PMS and weight loss

Do you find that you gain weight just before or during AF time?

I've found that I tend to gain 2-4 lbs right around that time of the month. It's really frustrating when I'm actively trying to lose weight. I feel like I'm being so good, and suddenly my weight creeps up, and there's nothing I can do about it. Being already hormonally crabby doesn't help my mind set either.

One big problem I think I'm going to have with this competition is that I'm set to be in that pre-period bloat right around each weigh in. I know that it's going to frustrate me that when I do my "official" weigh in, I'm going to be 2-4 lbs heavier than I was a couple days earlier. I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for that. In general, I try to avoid weighing myself during that time because I know it will upset me, and it sometimes will sabotage me.

One thing I've wondered about is on Biggest Loser- those girls seem to lose weight every week, and don't seem to struggle with the PMS weight gain. Or maybe they do?

I'd love to spend a whole week at the Biggest Loser campus during a competition, just to see how things REALLY are, before all the editing. I'd love to see what their real workout schedule is like, how food prep really goes, how much they educating they do with the contestants about eating/food prep. They don't seem to show much of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment