Monday, December 7, 2009

Sick of being negative

Seriously, I am so sick of being negative. I am feeling a bit down today though. While I did eat out a couple times over the weekend, I was pretty good about it, or so I thought. I still haven't had any soda, and when I did eat out, I ate less than half of what was on my plate. But, this morning, I find that I weigh 4 lbs more than I did a week ago. I never lose weight that fast, how can I gain it that fast? I know I didn't consume 14,000 calories, which is what it would take to gain that kind of weight. That doesn't even take into account the calories I would've used just to function. Maybe it's just a bad weight day, and it'll be better tomorrow.

To make matters worse, my younger two kids have colds, so no gym daycare for them, which means no gym for me unless I wait til evening. And, since I suspect it's in the beginning stages of the cold, I will probably be gone from the gym all week. ARGH!! I got an email about the gym daycare schedule, and she said that the gym is CLOSED from 12/20-12/27. Seriously? They didn't do that last year. It makes me wonder if the daycare lady is confused.

I actually saw an even lower number on the scale on Friday, so hopefully this is temporary.

One piece of better news is that I actually found a protein supplement/meal replacement that I can tolerate. I was at the mall, and they were giving samples. It's a local company, so I feel good about supporting local economy. Anyway, I got the orange cream formula. I do a half serving, which is 1.5 scoops with 1 c. orange juice. They say water, but it's better for me if I have juice. That has 23 g. protein, and a ton of vitamins.

6 comments:

  1. i don't understand the fast weight gain myself. i do understand how its slow to come of, but quick to return! just know you're not alone!

    i also just found out my gym daycare is closed for a month before christmas too! makes it really hard to exercise during the busy/food week and keep your weight in check!

    good luck! you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i meant to say closed for a WEEK before christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you do some workouts around the house. Usually local libraries have workout DVD's that you can rent for a few days up to a week. That might be an option on those days when you can't get to the gym. If you are anything like me, when get out of the routine makes it hard to get back into the routine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, I was just having a pity party- I have an elliptical machine here, as well as over two dozen exercise DVDs. If that failed, there's quite a few things on youtube. I just like taking my kids to the gym because then they're contained at the daycare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. exercising with kids is never a fun thing! I gotta say, all of you with young kids that still find a way to exercise are totally amazing. I know we see lots of stuff on how to lose weight but it is not an exact science. Our bodies do not know that they are supposed to comply with those rules and regulations. Hang in there, and things will turn around for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Weight always goes on easier than it does coming off. Try to stay positive, if you are like me, getting down on yourself just means a downward spiral of eating hell (OK, I may be being a tad over dramatic).

    ReplyDelete