Thursday, December 24, 2009

Pity Party

Every year for Christmas, we go visit at least 4 or 5 sets of family on Christmas day. I love the chaos and hustle and bustle of it, but my dh hates it. Every year he complains a little bit more.

This year, he started threatening to get "sick" on Christmas, so we wouldn't go anywhere. We decided to compromise and had really scaled back our visiting plans for the year.

Sunday, I started getting a sore throat. It has gotten worse and worse and worse. I finally gave in and went to the doctor yesterday, who gave me antibiotics and a painkiller. Antibiotics have not started working yet, but, yay me, the painkillers make me incredibly nauseated, so I get to throw up on top of everything else.

My family all left about 30 minutes ago to go to the annual Christmas Eve party at my parents' house. I'm sitting here alone, feeling sorry for myself.

So miserable.

Since this is a weight loss blog, I'll mention that I barely eat when I get a sore throat. So today, all I've eaten was a bowl of applesauce (I returned it soon after eating), and a banana. Yesterday's dinner was not accepted either.

So, with any luck, the sins of December are being purged, and I will at least break even for my final weigh in.

1 comment: