Sunday, July 17, 2011

dehydrated?

*WARNING* A/C is out in my house, and I am overtired, hot, and incredibly cranky. If you do happen to actually read this blog, proceed at your own risk. *WARNING*

So, this month, I've been trying to work on drinking more water, as Karilynn suggested as the monthly "project".

I started drinking way more water, and immediately gained 2.5 lbs. It will not go away. So, here I am, more than halfway through the month, and I am heavier than I was on 7/1. I've been eating well- spacing my meals out well, getting proper nutrition and calories. I've been exercising a lot as well. I've gone three hikes that according to MFP, burned 1000 calories. Each. Two times a week at kickboxing. My fat percentage is down at least 1-2% from the beginning of the month. The damn scale just won't move.

In a twist of irony, I actually feel thinner. I bought a pair of shorts a couple weeks ago, and they definitely fit looser. For the first time, somebody aside from my husband noticed my weight loss. I'm down almost 15 lbs from Christmastime, and I finally had someone notice. Win!

So, I think that's all encouraging. I keep on with my good habits because, lucky for me, they ARE habits at this point. I'm also hoping that perseverance will win out, and eventually I'll break through this. My fat percentage is down, and that's really encouraging. I haven't seen it this low in at least 5 years.

However, I have to be honest. I'm frustrated because I am in this competition and this competition is about numbers- pounds lost, percentage of weight loss, etc. I can see some positive changes, but by the standards we use to judge for this contest, I'm failing. I'm not totally hung up on numbers, but it's tough to have this measure me as a failure.

I am also feeling a little bit, "nobody likes me, everybody hates me, guess I'll go eat worms" because we're now 6 weeks into this competition, and in that six weeks, I've only had two people from the competition comment on my posts. It's a mixture of emotions though- part of me really wants to be kind of hiding in a corner, and I'm glad that nobody is saying anything. On the other hand, am I really that boring?


2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry I haven't commented before! I thought I had commented on everyones blog at least once, apparently not. Sorry you're feeling the frustration of the scale too. That's something I've always struggled with. I have always weighed more than people thought. I learned to give up on the scale a long time ago. Numbers are a guideline, that's it. If you're feeling better, looking better, and doing better, you're succeeding! Until this past year I wouldn't allow a scale in our house because I don't want my girls tying their body image to a number on the scale in any way. Keep up the good work. Your body will start showing it on the scale soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not boring at all! I thought I had commented because your blog is my favorite design!
    I know what you mean about being too tied to the numbers because of the competition. The reality is we all can't win. I just keep telling myself that even if I never win any money through all four months, I have to focus on all the things I have been doing because of the competition that I wouldn't have done without it. Regardless of that damn number on the scale not moving fast enough, I've been working my butt off but in a way that I can maintain for a lifetime. Just be proud of what you've done and consider it $50 well spent. Then you can only be pleasantly surprised!!!

    ReplyDelete