Tuesday, September 27, 2011

keeping on and new events

Well, I have two new things to lose weight for.  One is so soon that I'll see noticeable results.  My husband told me yesterday that we're supposed to go to a black tie event next week. I'd like to look great for it. I'm thinking I'll try doing pilates every day, in addition to my cardio and see if I see a difference in my waistline.

The other two big things is on 10/15 is a zombie 5k. I think I don't mind running so much if I'm distracted by costumes, mud, or foam. So, I'm going to try to run for a bit, and hope that my time at this race will be quicker than the 5k I did in May. I was pleased with that time, but I would be thrilled if I could improve it.  The other (even biggeer) thing is I'm going to Japan this month. The last time I was there and saw my friends there, I was barely post partum, so it'd awesome to go looking awesome. Granted, I thinner than I was the entire time I lived there, thanks to pregnancy, anything will be an improvement.

I am feeling happy in one aspect of this super long term journey.  Two years ago this month, I posted a picture of a formal dress that I'd like to be able to fit into. I tried it on today, thinking about that formal event next week. While it still is a little too tight for me to feel comfortable out in public, I was able to zip it up (well, all but the last inch, but I think that's a reflection of not being able to do my own zipper, and not the size of the dress). I haven't been able to do that before. That is really great for me.

1 comment:

  1. What a great moment for you! congrats on the goal dress being almost there. That's huge! I hope you make your other milestones so you can enjoy all the fun things you have coming up!!

    ReplyDelete