Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Two steps back

I've noticed I've been back sliding. I've kept my calories down, but almost half of my daily calories has been from Mountain Dew. Predictably, my body is in revolt over the insult.

I am a realtor by trade, and I've had two closings the last couple weeks. The one was extremely stressful and complicated. When I get stressed out, I tend to not eat much, but drink tons of mountain dew (note to self: probably a good idea to not start drinking alcohol if I'm this fixated on soda).

The stress of work has caused my to almost completely undo all of the progress I made.

However, yesterday, I realllllly wanted a pumpkin chocolate chip cookie. I resisted. Then, as I was watching Biggest Loser, I reallllly wanted ice cream (I love to eat ice cream and watch that show. The irony kills me). I didn't eat it.

I had a friend dare me to not eat bread for a week. I accepted the dare. She called it all yeast based breads. I think I'll expand that to any leavened bread (baking soda, baking powder, etc). I can still eat naan, tortillas or the like.

2 comments:

  1. Fight the Dew! When you go to grab one, look at your hand then tell yourself that the DEW is BAD! It is sabatoging you! It is making you lose sight of your goals! DON'T allow yourself to grab it! If you had the choice between SUCCESS and that dew...which would you choose? Picture them BOTH being in front of you. Then, choose success instead of that drink! If that drink is keeping you from health and fitness...then it shouldn't even be allowed in your house...right? You CAN do it! You CAN beat that dew! Don't let it beat you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to what Elise said :)
    Your body doesn't need it... that is what I keep trying to tell myself about junk food...

    ReplyDelete