Friday, October 23, 2009

Tried a protein drink

There's a really great store in Layton called Max Muscle. I heard from a friend that they will give you samples of their protein drinks before you buy. Considering those scarily big canisters are between $50-$60, that is important! I went in there yesterday, and talked to the salesperson, who could've easily been their poster child as a success story.

I have had trouble eating more than about 43 g. of protein a day, and if I could get a decent tasting protein drink that would add an additional 30 g, I would be happy. He gave me a ton of written information on each product that I was interested in, and a sample of my top 4 choices of things I may be able to tolerate.

Today, I tried "Iso-Extreme" in orange flavor. It gives 30 g. of protein and 143 calories. I didn't love it. I managed to drink it all down, which is pretty impressive. I think if I were to mix it into a smoothie, it may be tolerable.

3 comments:

  1. I have learned to always ask for samples. I got two weeks of samples one time and found two great protien poweders. I find my taste in protien powder changes so one day I will love one kind and the next week it will just be okay. Don't cheap out on protien powder - the cheap stuff almost always sucks. Good luck finding one you like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the protein drink I buy at Costco... it has 27 g of protein and mixes well. Sometimes I drink it with WATER... but I love it when I get to throw it in the blender with some almonds and a banana! ;o) Protein powder is a fantastic way to up those proteins without upping your fat! I've never tried anything orange... the thought scares me a little!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, I'm impressed that you even tried one - they do not look appetizing! lol Hope you find one that you like.

    ReplyDelete