Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Updating

Not that there's really a lot to update. I have been plugging along.

I've really tried to embrace the whole "truly enjoy and savor food" thing. If something tastes great, I eat it slowly and truly enjoy it. If it doesn't taste that good, and it's not good for me, I quit eating.

This morning I went to this Realtor seminar (yes, I'm a realtor in my real life), and it was held in a movie theater. We were given bags of popcorn and drinks. The popcorn didn't taste good to me- the fakey butter felt icky on my tongue, and it tasted kind of stale. After a couple bites to verify that I really wasn't imaging it, I put the bag down and didn't finish it.

Yesterday we had a staff meeting/birthday party for my broker. I had decided ahead of time that I would get a piece of birthday cake, and let me tell you, I was so excited for it. Imagine my disappointment when I realized the birthday cake had some kind of jam filling. I hate jam filling. -sigh- So, I said no thanks, and sat back.

You know what though? It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.

The only downside to the increased business in my professional life is that I haven't been to the gym all week. I was feeling very beat down and sore over the weekend, so I figured I needed a couple days off, but I haven't really worked out since Saturday.

I've noticed a few twinges in my knees, which concerns me a little bit. They've never bothered me before, and I don't want them to start.

I have created a new playlist on my iPod that has all of the songs that really do inspire me to run. I am hoping to explore running more. I hate it with a deep and abiding passion, but everyone swears to me that it's addictive and if I really try hard enough, I'll learn to love it, and become addicted as well. I'm skeptical.

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes knee pain means you need new shoes! If you may qualify for having shoes that are older... (beyond 6 months or so) a new pair might be the perfect fix! Also.. I totally believe that running CAN be addictive.. but it's not for everyone. Hopefully you will LOVE it!! If you don't, find a different exercise you love! Congrats on being BUSY as a realtor. It gives me hope for this economy! (My hubby is an electrician so housing selling are always a good sign!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a great feeling to see your tastes grow healthier after time, and naturally just not caring for the unhealthy stuff.

    I think it is a process over time...the more you stick with it the better it will get.

    At least that is how it has been for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when I realize how much junk doesn't taste as good as it was did. Congrats. Don't sweat the working out just try to get a walk in. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been looking for some great motivational moving music to put on my Ipod. Its hard to find great music to get you moving but once you find that great song it makes all the difference.

    ReplyDelete